Sunday, May 20, 2007

Cocks Are Huge in the D.R.

I don't think I've been anywhere during my travels where cocks get more attention or the people get more excited about them. I myself like a good cock. In fact, I've shared a home with some great ones during my vacations to the south when I was growing up.

But never have I seen cock adored so unapologetically and unashamedly than I have in the Dominican Republic. The way they stroke them and caress them. Oftentimes bringing the cocks right out into the public as they work them into a frenzy!

Yes, cockfighting is a major part of Dominican culture. If you've never experienced it, you should do so on your next trip to the country. There are venues throughout the city and countryside. And as always, it's a chance to get away from the everyday tourist activities and mingle with the locals.

I found this clip on YouTube. It's a tourists comedic look at his cockfight experience.

No comments: