Sunday, July 14, 2019

What's REALLY Going On?



I have been intrigued by the mysterious deaths that are happening in the Dominican Republic. While I'm sure tourist deaths happen in other parts of the Caribbean, It doesn't seem those deaths are "questionable" or "mysterious."

I wanted to do some research so I googled "tourist deaths in the Caribbean." To my surprise and dismay the first two pages were all related to the DR. So much for attempting to do a comparison with other Caribbean destinations. Also, YouTube is full of speculative videos from vloggers both in and out of the D.R. None of which really give concrete evidence. I mean there are conspiracy theories of organ stealing, political theories of the US pressuring the DR to favor them over China in trade dealings or face the consequence of lost US tourism and many more theories.
 And now comes news of the latest reported death, making 31 year old Tracy Jester of Georgia the eleventh since June of 2018.

These are the times I miss the old Monaga blog. I could always count on clarity and good inside tea.

HERE is a link to a recent survey regarding how US tourists are feeling about travel to the DR.

2 comments:

Anthony M. said...

Thank you for the shoutout!

perfidia said...

I miss the Monaga blog too. But I see Anthony is doing ok. I was worried something had happened.